New Year’s Honours for Three Fellows
Three of our Fellows were recently recognised in the New Year’s Honours List:
Professor Julie Lydon former Vice-Chancellor, University South Wales, received a damehood for services to higher education.
Professor Helen Stokes-Lampard, Professor of GP Education, University of Birmingham, was also awarded a damehood, for services to general practice.
Professor Tavi Murray, Professor of Glaciology, Swansea University, was awarded a CBE for services to glaciology and climate change research.
Congratulations to them all.
- Former USW Vice-Chancellor, Professor Julie Lydon, receives damehood in Queen’s New Year Honours List
- Professor Tavi Murray awarded CBE in New Year’s Honour list
- Professor Helen Stokes-Lampard awarded damehood in New Year’s honours
More news from our Fellows
- Four Honorary Fellows Elected to Learned Society of Wales
- Society’s New Fellows Demonstrate Wales’ Thriving Academic and Civic Life
- ‘I Remember Mariupol’
- Professor Kenneth Walters, 1934 – 2022
- Book Launch: Stars and Ribbons – Winter Wassailing in Wales
- Democracy Within the European Union
- Professor David Thomas awarded Polar Medal
- New Year’s Honours for Three Fellows
- Professor Lyn Evans FLSW Named Institute of Physics Honorary Fellow
- Professor Hywel Thomas Receives Chinese Honour