Our funders and partners
We work with partners across the higher education and research sector, in Wales and beyond.
We are grateful to the following universities, who provide most of the Society’s core funding:
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David also provides us with office space, meeting rooms and IT support.
Our other recent funders include:
Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
Early Career Researchers’ Network, Wales and the World events
South Wales Institute of Engineers Educational Trust
Events on STEMM themes, Menelaus Medal
Thriplow Charitable Trust
Wales Studies research snapshot
We work closely with the Royal Society of Edinburgh and the Royal Irish Academy as constituent members of the Celtic Academies Alliance.
The Celtic Academies work as the Seven Academies alongside four other national academies: the Academy of Medical Sciences, the British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Royal Society.
The Society is an active member of:
- Academi Heddwch
- ALLEA (European Federation of Academies of Sciences and Humanities)
- Campaign for Science and Engineering
- Foundation of Science and Technology
- Institute of Welsh Affairs
- Parliamentary and Science Committee
- Senedd Cross-Party Group on STEM
We support WISERD’s annual PhD Poster Competition.
Our recent partners on events and activities include:
- Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales
- Bevan Commission
- The British Academy
- Cardiff Science Festival
- Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
- CREW and Literature Wales
- Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion
- Institute of Physics
- Myrddin: The Welsh Network for the History and Social Study of Science
- National Library of Wales
- Royal Society of Biology
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Senedd Commission
- Wales Centre for Public Policy