10th Anniversary Funding Appeal
The Society celebrates its 10th birthday in May 2020. To build on our successes and support younger generations, we've launched a Fundraising Appeal.
As we help address the challenges that face Wales and the world – especially in combating the Covid-19 crisis and securing a better future for us all – Wales will depend greatly on research and scholarship and the achievements of future generations. We therefore need to inspire excellence amongst young people and those starting their careers in research.
We’re raising funds for two priority activities:
Supporting Early Career Researchers
We want to support researchers across Wales to share their work, collaborate and develop skills.
Inspiring Young People in our Schools
We want to help school pupils in Wales follow their own ‘paths to excellence’ in learning.
Our story so far
Since 2010, the Society has:
- Built a Fellowship of over 560 exceptional individuals, representing outstanding contributions to learning across all academic disciplines and beyond
- Awarded 22 Medals to recognise excellence in several areas, including early career research and women in STEMM
- Established a reputation as an independent voice of expertise – with demonstrable impact on government policies in higher education, research and international strategy
- Organised several major academic symposia, alongside numerous events and lectures with partners across Wales and beyond, including other national academies where we have common interests
- Re-established Wales Studies – research about Wales, for Wales and the world – as a shared, national intellectual endeavour
How to donate
Click the button below to donate to our 10th Anniversary Funding Appeal by card, PayPal or direct debit.
We will allocate these donations to our two anniversary projects – Supporting Early Career Researchers and Inspiring Young People in Schools – as required.
For other donation options, click here.