Part of the Society’s Wales and the World event series – deepening understanding and discussion of the nation’s ‘soft power’.
The event will explore the full range of contributions made by higher education and research to Wales’s international profile – including student recruitment, research collaboration, international campuses, and the benefits of global connections to communities in Wales.
Speakers will include Professor Iwan Davies (Vice-Chancellor, Bangor University) and Vivienne Stern (Director of Universities UK International).
With participants, we will explore:
• What more can be done to strengthen the international position of Welsh universities?
• How can international collaboration be sustained and enhanced post Brexit?
• Can UK-wide bodies do more to promote Wales?
• How can we develop our international profile in the context of the Well-being of Future Generations Act?
• How can we project amongst people in Wales our vision of globally connected universities?
We will emphasise engaging discussion, active participation, and the development of practical recommendations for the sector.
The event is free of charge and open to all.
Supported by Welsh Government and HEFCW