The following public events were organised or supported by the Learned Society of Wales in the Society Year 2014-15:
- Dylan Thomas Unchained 3-5 September 2014, Swansea University.
- Two languages, two cultures? 6 September 2014, National Library of Wales. A British Academy-funded event organized by the Centre for Advanced Welsh & Celtic Studies.
- Societas Celto-Slavica 7th Colloquium, 4-6 September 2014 Bangor University
- ‘From pure science to profit and quality of life: the importance of blue sky scientific research’ The Menelaus Medal Lecture 2014, by Sir John Cadogan 3 July 2014
- The Face of Battle in Medieval History and Literature, the 8th Annual Symposium by the Sea, organised by the Centre for Medieval and Early Modern Research (MEMO), Swansea University and supported by the Society. 19-20 June, Swansea University
- ‘Viable Communites: Language Survival in Wales’ a lecture by Dr Heini Gruffudd, 17 June, The Pierhead Building, Cardiff Bay. Organised by the Society and Swansea University
- ‘Wallace, Darwin and human evolution’ a lecture by Professor Chris Stringer, Natural History Museum. 10 June 2014 Part of the Wallace Legacy Lecture Series 2013-2014, Cardiff University