Welsh Crucible – LSW Research Prize
Following the successful model operated by the Royal Society of Edinburgh and Scottish Crucible, the LSW contributes to the evaluation/selection of potential Welsh Crucible candidates.
In a new development this year, to celebrate the alumni network the Learned Society of Wales and Welsh Crucible announced a new dedicated ‘Welsh Crucible Prize’ that will be awarded to the best of completed research projects from 2011 – 2015.
The prize will include:
- A Welsh Crucible/LSW trophy
- A winner’s certificate
- A cash prize of £250 per person (up to maximum of £2000) to be used to cover travel costs incurred by collaborative/networking activities.
Applications will be assessed by fellows of the LSW using the following criteria:
- Innovation/originality in terms of interdisciplinary approach.
- Rigour of the research design informing the project.
- Significance of the findings in terms of academic knowledge and/or potential impact.
Winners of the prize will be announced mid-late June, with the winning collaborative group being invited to the evening dinner for Lab 3 in Swansea in July.