Please join the National Assembly for Wales Research Service, Public Health Wales & the Learned Society of Wales’ seminar on healthcare services in rural Wales with our panel of experts:
- John Wynn-Jones, GP, World Organisation of Rural Doctors and Chair for Rural Practice;
- Dr Rachel Rahman, Centre for Excellence in rural Health Research, Aberystwyth University;
- Anna L Prytherch, Rural Health and Care Wales Project Manager;
- Joy Garfitt, Assistant Director for Mental Health Service, Powys Health Board
Panel chair: Dr Dai Lloyd AM, Chair of Health, Social Care and Sport Committee
This session will cover:
– Rural population healthcare needs;
– Issues surrounding the recruitment and retention of health and care staff;
– The potential of technology to address rural inequalities and isolation (including Telehealth / Telemedicine / Green Prescribing)
– Mental health in rural areas.
For more information, go to the Assembly’s Research Service blog here.