Please join the National Assembly for Wales Research Service & the Learned Society of Wales’ seminar on the future of Energy Policy with our panel of experts:
- Dr Nina Skorupska, UK Renewable Energy Association
- Professor Andrew Barron, Swansea University
- Professor Max Munday, Cardiff University
- Professor Hywel Thomas, Cardiff University
The seminar will consider the feasibility of, and challenges around, aiming to meet Wales’ energy needs from renewables.
Key questions include:
- How ambitious should the Welsh Government be in defining the role of renewables in Wales’ future energy mix?
- What are what are the main challenges facing the sector and is there a need for greater certainty around funding and policy?
- Is there is a case for alternative energy sources (e.g. small modular nuclear reactors and/or unconventional gases) to play a role in Wales’ future energy mix?
- Are any changes to existing distribution and supply networks required to enable supply and demand matching?
For more information on how to get involved, please see this blog by the Assembly Research Service